A Governor General's Body Guard Cap Badge Set
A Governor General's Body Guard Cap Badge Set - 124th Infantry Battalion, Includes one Cap Badge (gilt on copper, maker marked "ELLIS BROS. TORONTO, 46.8 mm x 46.8 mm, horizontal pinback); two Collar Tabs (unmarked but known to have been produced by Ellis Brothers of Toronto, 22.2 mm x 37 mm each, one with intact lugs, the other with one replacement lug); and one Shoulder Title (bronze, unmarked, 13.2 mm x 31 mm), very crisp detail, gilt loss on the collar tabs, light contact on all pieces, near very fine. Footnote: The Batttalion was raised and mobilized in Toronto, Ontario under the authority of G.O. 151, December 22, 1915. The Battalion sailed August 9, 1916 under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel W.C.V. Chadwick with a strength of 32 officers and 1,004 other ranks. In England, the Battalion was redesignated the 124th Pioneer Battalion. It was disbanded September 15, 1920.