WWI 6th Infantry Battalion "Fort Garry Horse" Cap Badge
WWI 6th Infantry Battalion "Fort Garry Horse" Cap Badge - Two-piece construction, white metal insignia overlaying a browning copper maple leaf base, unmarked, 43.8 mm x 45.8 mm, intact lugs, light contact, near extremely fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in Winnipeg, Manitoba and mobilized at Camp Valcartier, Quebec under the authority of P.C.O. 2067, August 6, 1914. The Battalion sailed from Canada on October 3, 1914 under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel R.W. Patterson with as a strength of 40 officers and 1,115 other ranks. Upon arrival in England, the Battalion was reorganized as the Canadian Cavalry Depot. On January 21, 1916, the Battalion organized the Fort Garry Horse of the Canadian Cavalry Brigade. The Battalion was disbanded on September 15, 1920.