WWI 47th Infantry Battalion Badges & Insignia
WWI 47th Infantry Battalion Badges & Insignia - Cap Badge (browning copper, maker marked "TIFTAFT HAM" on the reverse, 39.3 mm x 42 mm, intact lugs); two Collar Tabs (bronze, maker marked "J.R. GAUNT LONDON" on their reverses, 19 mm x 30.3 mm, intact lugs and pin); three Large Buttons (brass, maker marked "J.R. GAUNT & SON Ltd LONDON ENGd" on their reverses, 24.5 mm each, intact loops); and five Small Buttons (brass, maker marked "J.R. GAUNT & SON Ltd LONDON" on their reverses, 19 mm each, intact loops). Very crisp detail, better than very fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in British Columbia under the authority of G.O. 86, July 1, 1915. The mobilization headquarters was at New Westminster. The Battalion sailed November 13, 1915, under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel W.N. Winsby with a strength of 36 officers and 1,114 other ranks. The Battalion served in France and Belgium with the 10th Infantry Brigade, 4th Canadian Division. The Battalion was redesignated the "47th Western Ontario Battalion" in February 1918. It was disbanded September 15, 1920.