WWI 44th Infantry Battalion Cap Badge CEF
WWI 44th Infantry Battalion Cap Badge CEF - Pickled brass, unmarked, 35 mm x 43 mm, intact lugs, light contact and surface wear, better than very fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in Winnipeg, Manitoba under the authority of G.O. 86, July 1, 1915. Mobilization headquarters was also in Winnipeg. The Battalion left Canada October 23, 1915 with a strength of 36 officers and 1,076 other ranks under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel E.R. Wayland. The Battalion served in France and Belgium with the 10th Infantry Brigade, 4th Canadian Division. It was re-designated the "44th New Brunswick Battalion" and was disbanded on September 15, 1920.