WWI 136th Infantry Battalion Collar Tab CEF
WWI 136th Infantry Battalion Collar Tab CEF - Browning copper, maker marked "REYNOLDS PORT HOPE" on the reverse, 30.8 mm x 33.3 mm, intact lugs and pin, extremely fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in the counties of Durham, Ontario and Pontiac, Quebec with mobilization headquarters at Kingston, Ontario under the authority of G.O. 151, December 22, 1915. The Battalion sailed September 27, 1916 under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel R.W. Smart with a strength of 18 officers and 492 other ranks. In England, the Battalion was broken up and absorbed into the 39th Infantry Battalion and the 6th Reserve Battalion. It was disbanded on September 15, 1920.