WWI 11th Infantry Battalion Cap Badge CEF
WWI 11th Infantry Battalion Cap Badge CEF - Browning copper, voided, maker marked "J.R. (Gaunt) & SON / 74 TONTINE St / FOLKESTONE ENG" on the reverse, 40.5 mm x 46.2 mm, intact lugs, extremely fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in Saskatchewan with mobilization headquarters at Camp Valcartier, Quebec under the authority of P.C.O. 2067, August 6, 1914. The Battalion sailed October 3, 1914 under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel R. Burritt with a strength of 45 officers and 1,119 other ranks. In England, the Battalion was re-designated the 11th Reserve Battalion forming part of the Canadian Training Depot. The Battalion was disbanded on September 15, 1920.