WWI Siberian Expeditionary Force Cap Badge. C.E.F.
Badges Enlisted Man's version. Browning copper, manufactured by Stanley & Aylward, 29 mm x 44 mm, intact lugs, quality made, crisp detail, high relief, near mint. Footnote: On July 12, 1918, the Chief of the General Staff was directed to form a Brigade Headquarters, two Infantry Battalions, a Field Artillery Battery, a Machine-Gun Company and certain other troops for service in Siberia. With a British Battalion joining the Canadians in Siberia, the contingent would be known as the "Canadian Siberian Expeditionary Force". An advance party of 600 "all ranks" sailed from Vancouver on October 11, 1918. The force was under the command of Major-General J.H. Elmsley. The last Canadian troops left Vladivostock, Russia on June 5, 1919. The Battalion was disbanded September 15, 1920