WWI 86th Machine Gun Battalion Insignia Set CEF
WWI 86th Machine Gun Battalion Insignia Set CEF - Cap Badge: browning copper, unmarked, 44.5 mm x 46.5 mm; Collar Tab Pair: browning copper, maker marked "GEO. H. LEES & Co. 1915" on their reverses, 27.7 mm x 29.3 mm and 27.5 mm x 29.6 mm respectively; and "86MG" Shoulder Title: browning copper, unmarked, 13.7 mm x 43.6 mm. All with intact lugs, the former three with pins, residue in the recessed areas on the Cap Badge from cleaning, near extremely fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in Southern Ontario with mobilization headquarters at Hamilton, Ontario under the authority of G.O. 151, December 22, 1915. The Battalion sailed May 22, 1916 under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel W.W. Stewart with a strength of 36 officers and 1,072 other ranks. In England, the Battalion was reorganized as the Canadian Machine Gun Depot. It was disbanded on September 15, 1920.