WWI 77th Infantry Battalion "Ottawa Battalion" Cap Badge - Pickled brass, voided, maker marked "TIPTAFT B'HAM" on the reverse, 40 mm x 54.8 mm, intact lugs, light contact, residue in the recessed areas on the obverse and on the reverse from cleaning, better than very fine.Footnote: The Battalion was raised and mobilized in Ottawa, Ontario under the authority of G.O. 103A, August 15, 1915. The Battalion left Canada June 19, 1916 with a strength of 38 officers and 1,007 other ranks under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel D.R. Street. In England, the Battalion was broken up to provide replacements for the 46th and 73rd Infantry Battalions. It was disbanded on September 15, 1920.