WWI 58th Infantry Battalion Cap Badge; 2nd Version
WWI 58th Infantry Battalion Cap Badge; 2nd Version - Browning brass, unmarked, 35.5 mm x 37.8 mm, intact lugs and pin, extremely fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in Central Ontario under the authority of G.O. 103A, August 15, 1915. The mobilization headquarters was at Niagara-on-the Lake, Ontario (Camp Niagara). The Battalion sailed November 22, 1915 from Halifax, Nova Scotia aboard the S.S. Saxonia, with a strength of 40 officers and 1,091 other ranks under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel H.A. Genet, arriving in England on December 2nd. The Battalion served in France and Belgium with the 9th Infantry Brigade, 3rd Canadian Division. It was disbanded on September 15, 1920.