WWI 51st Infantry Battalion Cap Badge and Collar Tab
WWI 51st Infantry Battalion Cap Badge and Collar Tab - Cap Badge (pickled copper, maker marked "R.J. INGLIS LIMITED" on the reverse, 35.3 mm x 43 mm, intact lugs); and Collar Tab (browning copper, unmarked, 28 mm x 33.5 mm, intact lugs). Light contact, near extremely fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised and mobilized in Edmonton, Alberta under the authority of G.O. 86, July 1, 1915. The Battalion sailed March 4, 1916 with a strength of 37 officers and 1,055 other ranks under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel R. De L. Harwood. In England, the Battalion was used for Garrison Duty. It was disbanded on September 15, 1920.