WWI 46th Infantry Battalion "South Saskatchewan" Cap Badge
WWI 46th Infantry Battalion "South Saskatchewan" Cap Badge - Pickled copper, maker marked "DINGWALL WINNIPEG" on the reverse, 34.5 mm x 40.7 mm, lugs replaced by a horizontal pinback, light contact, near extremely fine.Footnote: The Battalion was raised in Saskatchewan with mobilization headquarters at Moose Jaw, under the authority of G.O. 86, July 1, 1915. The Battalion sailed October 23, 1915 aboard the S.S. Lapland from Halifax, Nova Scotia, under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel H. Snell with a strength of 36 officers and 1,115 other ranks, arriving in Devonport, England on the 30th. The Battalion served in France and Belgium with the 10th Infantry Brigade, 4th Canadian Division. It was disbanded on September 15, 1920.