WWI 3rd Infantry Battalion Pin CEF
WWI 3rd Infantry Battalion Pin CEF - Silver and enamels, hallmarked with the British lion, an anchor (made in Birmingham), date marked "r" (1916) maker marked "G.A & S." on the reverse, 27.8 mm x 33 mm, horizontal pinback, intact enamels, light contact, extremely fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in Toronto with mobilization headquarters at Camp Valcartier, Quebec under the authority of P.C.O. 2067, August 6, 1914. The Battalion sailed October 3, 1914 under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel R. Rennie with a strength of 43 officers and 1,100 other ranks. The Battalion served in France and Belgium with the 1st Infantry Brigade, 1st Canadian Division. It was disbanded September 15, 1920.