WWI 2nd Infantry Battalion Cap Badge; 1st Version
WWI 2nd Infantry Battalion Cap Badge; 1st Version - Two-piece construction, browning copper, maker marked "TIPTAFT" on the reverse, 42.7 mm x 44.5 mm, intact lugs, extremely fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in Eastern Ontario with mobilization headquarters at Camp Valcartier, Quebec under the authority of P.C.O. 2067, August 6, 1914. The Battalion sailed October 3, 1914 with a strength of 45 officers and 1,098 other ranks under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel D.Watson. The Battalion served in France and Belgium with the 1st Infantry Brigade, 1st Canadian Division. It was disbanded on September 15, 1920.