WWI 27th Infantry Battalion Cap Badge CEF
WWI 27th Infantry Battalion Cap Badge CEF - Browning copper, unmarked, 39.2 mm x 41.5 mm, intact lugs, residue in the recessed areas on both sides from cleaning, near extremely fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in Ontario and Manitoba, with mobilization headquarters at Winnipeg, Manitoba under the authority of G.O. 36, March 15, 1915. The Battalion sailed May 17, 1915 under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel J.R. Snider with a strength of 33 officers and 1,039 other ranks. The Battalion served in France and Belgium with the 5th Infantry Brigade, 2nd Canadian Division. It was disbanded on September 15, 1920.