WWI 17th Infantry Battalion Pin CEF
WWI 17th Infantry Battalion Pin CEF - Silver and enamels, unmarked, 28.3 mm x 33.7 mm, horizontal pinback, intact enamels, extremely fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in Nova Scotia with mobilization headquarters at Camp Valcartier, Quebec under the authority of P.C.O. 2067, August 6, 1914. On September 21st, when the decision to proceed to England was finalized, the surplus infantry was consigned to this Battalion. It sailed October 3, 1914 with a strength of 39 officers and 717 other ranks under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel S.G. Robertson. Upon arrival in England, the Battalion was re-designated as the 17th Reserve Battalion and formed part of the Canadian Training Depot located at Tidworth Barracks. The Battalion was disbanded September 15, 1920.