WWI 12th Infantry Battalion Cap Badge CEF
WWI 12th Infantry Battalion Cap Badge CEF - Browning copper, maker marked "W.J. DINGLEY. B'HAM" on the reverse, 43.7 mm x 45.3 mm, intact lugs, surface oxidation on the reverse, near extremely fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in Quebec, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island with mobilization headquarters at Camp Valcartier, under the authority of P.C.O. 2067, August 6, 1914. The Battalion sailed October 3, 1914 under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel H.F. McLeod with a strength of 45 officers and 1,028 other ranks. Upon arrival in England, the 12th Battalion was re-designated the 12th Reserve Battalion forming part of the Canadian Training Depot. It was disbanded on September 15, 1920.