WWI 126th Infantry Battalion Cap Badge CEF
WWI 126th Infantry Battalion Cap Badge CEF - Pickled brass, maker marked "ELLIS BROS TORONTO" on the reverse, 46.6 mm x 47 mm, intact lugs and pin, light contact, near extremely fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in the County of Peel, Ontario with mobilization headquarters at Toronto, Ontario under the authority of G.O. 151, December 22, 1915. The Battalion sailed August 14, 1916 under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel F.J. Hamilton with a strength of 32 officers and 822 other ranks. In England, the Battalion was broken up and absorbed into the 109th and 116th Infantry Battalions and the 8th Reserve Battalion. It was disbanded September 15, 1920.