An 1806 Napoleon's Conquering of Istria Medal - Bronze, engraver marked "ANDRIEU F." at the base of the bust on the obverse, engraver marked "BRENET F." and "DENON D." on the reverse, obverse illustrating the right-facing bust of Napoleon Bonaparte with a crown of laurel leaves, inscribed "NAPOLEON" at the left and "EMP. ET ROI." to the right, reverse illustrating the Roman Temple of Augustus in Pula, Croatia surrounded by the inscription "TEMPLE D'AUGUSTE À POLA." and inscribed "L'ISTRIE CONQUISE AN MDCCCVI" (1806) below, 40.5 mm, light contact, near extremely fine. Footnote: The Holy Roman Empire ended with the period of Napoleonic rule from 1806 to 1813, when Istria, the largest peninsula in the Adriatic Sea, became part of the Napoleonic Kingdom of Italy (1806-1810) after the Peace of Pressburg, and then part of the Illyrian provinces of the French Empire (1810-1813) after the Treaty of Paris.