A First War 43rd Infantry Battalion Glengarry Badge
A First War 43rd Infantry Battalion Glengarry Badge - Large "43" on circle with "BATT'N C.E.F WINNPEG" bar and voided crown version. Browning brass, very crisp detail, 53 mm x 58 mm, oxidation mark in the "O" on the obverse, light contact, near extremely fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in Winnipeg, Manitoba which was also the mobilzation headquarters under the authority of G.O. 86, July 1, 1915. The Battalion left Canada on June 1, 1915 under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel R.M. Thomson with a strength of 40 officers and 998 other ranks. The Battalion served in France and Belgium with the 9th Infantry Brigade, 3rd Canadian Division. It was disbanded September 15, 1920.