13th Regiment Cap Badge, c. 1907. 50.5 mm x 54 mm, of bronze, intricate detail, An excellent stamping, with a beautiful patina, in near mint condition. Footnote: The Royal Hamilton Light Infantry was formed in 1862 as the 13th Battalion, Volunteer Militia (Infantry) Canada, but had its roots in local units of Volunteer Militia, notably the 1st and 2nd Companies of Volunteer Rifles (Hamilton), formed in 1855, and the Volunteer Highland Company (No. 3 Company) formed in 1856. In 1900, the name was changed to the 13th Regiment, and in 1910, to the 13th Royal Regiment. In 1920, it became The Royal Hamilton Regiment, and in 1927, The Royal Hamilton Light Infantry. During the Boer War 1899-1902, many members of the Regiment joined the 2nd Battalion of The Royal Canadian Regiment, and the 1st Canadian Mounted Rifles for service in South Africa. Again during the Great War 1914-1918, many enlisted in various units of the Canadian Expeditionary Force for service in France and Flanders, namely the 4th, 76th, 86th, 120th, and 205th Battalions of the CEF.